Wednesday, December 23, 2015

A Christmas Tribute...

Did you ever hesitate to ask for a little help just because you were afraid of what people may think? Well, I admit to have done that just a couple weeks ago. Without disclosing too specific of information I was in search of a particular item for someone in need. I reached out to a group of women that knew nothing or very little about me and asked for help. I hesitated because of that reason. Those of you that are reading and know me personally know that my intentions are always honest and true. But I wondered if these ladies would question my intentions. That maybe they would think my requests were to benefit my own self. Then I thought what a sad world it is that when we try to do good and ask for help we wonder if others are going to think twice about helping due to all the "scams" of the world today. I decided to go against my negative thoughts and put it out there. In less than 30 minutes I had help. An overabundance of help. Like tears and goosebumps overabdunace-it was nothing short of amazing, inspirational, generous, kind, thoughtful... should I keep going?!

These ladies not only helped me spread Christmas joy but also gave me faith that there are still A LOT of kind people out there with even more kindness in their hearts. and believe in a world where mainly negative things make the headlines and where working a job where I continuously hear one tragic thing after another that can dampen your spirit on the overall good of the world. I could have asked my close circle of friends and family to help and with no doubt would have had an ample amount of assistance. But to have pretty close to strangers able to restore my faith in others is exactly what has happened when I reached blindly in the name of help. And that is exactly what my heart needed and why I'm grateful I took that hesitant step in asking. Through others I was able to provide much more than what was originally anticipated and for that I'm even more grateful. 

So thank you ladies for bringing good to light. For being my chauffeur to pick up the donations. For going out of your way to help. For being present wrappers. And most of all for your incredible generosity. Thank you for helping me make a couple families that are truly deserving not have to worry about the stress of what sometimes this season can bring. You all are nothing short of angels on Earth. What's even better is that these wonderful women (and hopefully including myself too) are teaching our little people how to spread love and joy as well. And that is what is even more beautiful for me is giving hope to the future. 

My message and what these ladies have taught me time and time again-LOVE and LIFT as often and as much as you can. Not only are you LOVING and LIFTING others but I promise you will be LOVING and LIFTING yourself. 

Merry Christmas Everyone. ❤️

XO. 

JLOVE AKA "Mommy"

No comments:

Post a Comment