Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Room Unveil

If there is any truth in what I hear about how with the first baby one plans endlessly to make the room look something out of a magazine then along comes #2 and you're lucky if you even have a sleeping bag ready...then I better get this crap documented. Especially for the fact that we can give any children from here on out a huge complex that we loved Nico more than them all because of such a lovely room. Which may be true, I mean how could I love another baby as much as I love Nico? Is that possible? One day maybe I shall know....Anyway, lets get back on track to the room thing and not the questions that dance around in my mind. As most of you know, we didn't know if we were having a boy or girl. (Well...I did. Mommy intuition) I knew I wanted to do a gender neutral coloring of the walls...just in case. After a "few" trips to Sherwin Williams and my professional painter (Mike) coming in to see if the colors matched my expectations-we finally had it. Just a simple light cream color along with a darker accent wall. We tore out carpet and put new flooring in (thank you to our other Mike for that). My mother kindly provided the dressers for us. My Pops the crib and Sara the rocker and bedding. We had all the essentials and just had to wait on the little one for the fun part...the details. I of course had some general ideas if it was going to be a boy we'd go for this look and if it was a girl it would be more along that look. But BB (Before Baby) we were out shopping and I saw this and I knew either gender this would be perfect...When something makes you get teary eyed it's a must right?! (At least that's how I explained those new boots to my husband).
So So Soooo Sweet.
This kind of ruggedly sweet look was exactly what I wanted boy or girl. Well here comes Nico and after many trips to Hobby Lobby and other like shops and stores here are the details we came up with for his main wall for above the crib... 


Love. Love. Love.

Don't you just love the giant dandelions? I hope that Nico takes after his dad and loves to give flowers to his mama and that there are many dandelion bouquets in my future. Hint, Hint Nico. Huge thank you to Tony for scoring the barnwood and holding it up against the giant wall all while I was like-"a little to the right, nope 1/2 inch down now up 3/8 inches to the northwest corner." Yes, I am literally that insane. As well as humoring me and having lengthy discussions on how many wood pieces we should include, and if we should do longer in the middle or the top or maybe all 3? Should we use the front side or the back side? Told ya, insane. How 'bout that burlap banner? Custom created and painted just for Nico…finally Tiny's Art Degree has paid off. ;-P Some other note worthy details is the center picture...my sister has a new Graphic Design Degree and I put her to the test! Here it is up close.... 
aon
Contact SENECA for ANY of your Graphic Needs. :)

Shout out to Dad's home land courtesy of Etsy.....

Sicilia

I searched endlessly for the perfect rocker and as fate seemed to work we stumbled upon it randomly! I love it!
Ciao & Vespa Pillow? Seriously. Thanks Etsy!
Next I found some awesome prints on Etsy (obviously you can find anything you dream of on Etsy) that the graphic is printed on dictionary paper. (Random Mommy Fact-she won the fastest dictionary looker-upper in her class one year!) I tied in the barn wood above the crib with some coordinating frames. Love how they turned out!

Nico Will Never Have 1 of These...
OR These. Sorry Bud.
Dresser details include antique crown drawer pulls-aren't they perfect for my little prince?!
Rug is perfect to play on and for some cute photos. :)
Finding decorations for on top was just as fun! I thought I'd compliment the sailboat print with a mini rustic version! Nico loves it already! 

Sail Away
Then a little boys room just wouldn't be complete without a globe right? He already knows how to spin it!

Nico the World Travler
My sister is also a Scentsy Seller (Jack...errrrr...Jane of all trades I tell ya!) and she got him the Edison Light Burner! I hope it inspires him to be innovative and full of ideas…in addition to never having a stinky room…girls don't like stinky boys. 

Be Bright Always Nico!
The tall dresser I trimmed with candlesticks that I spray painted myself and have the stain on the patio to show for it...whoops. I paired them with a little luggage set along two clocks. One with the current time here at home-another with the current time in Sicily.

Burlap Anything? Yes. 

I throughly enjoyed decorating and perfecting Nico's room. I'm sure I drove a few individuals insane with all the details but I wanted it to be almost as special as the little one we were welcoming into it. 

Again, thank you to all of our family & friends that helped make the room utterly perfect for our Nicoló.

P.S. Suck it Pinterest.


XO.


JLOVE AKA "Mommy"

No comments:

Post a Comment